Thursday, January 22, 2009

Colorado Gigposter Club

Welcome! Well I figured 2009 will be a big year for collecting here in Colorado, so I wanted to create a local repository for upcoming shows, events and posters. Don't get me wrong, I love my Expressobeans.com and Gigposters.com however I feel there are enough of us here in Colorado to get a local movement going....

Personally I have a few goals for this club

1. Club meeting or event 4 times per year before a show of our choice ---> All local collectors, sellers, websites, music enthusiasts welcome

(1st meeting/show tentatively Thursday, March 26th 5-8pm prior to Dark Star Orchestra show, possibly prior to Boulder shows as well)

2. Support our local poster artists and businesses in every way possible,everyone is welcome to get involved ---> attend art openings, promote local websites, informal rock art education, music/art appreciation parties, volunteer with RocktheEarth, etc

3. Commission a poster or two! Let's do some fundraising, find a willing artist and start making some posters....maybe we get good at it and start doing it on our own!

No comments:

Post a Comment